2020 UTME result notification ready, says JAMB 

0
150

Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), on Sunday, confirmed that result notification for candidates that participated in 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is ready.

It said that the results which had earlier been made available through text messages to candidates on request can now be accessed and printed.

To this end, JAMB asked candidates that participated in the 2020 examination  to visit its website, follow the guidelines thereof to print their result notification slips.

JAMB spokesman, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, in a statement, reminded candidates that printing of the result notification slip is free and it’s different from the original result slip that came with the candidate’s picture.

Additionally, he confirmed that candidates can print their result notification slip anywhere in the country even from the comfort of their homes once there is internet access.

The board, thus advised candidates to be wary of fraudulent elements that appear as JAMB agents to defraud them, stating that it has not mandated any person or group to do the printing on behalf of the board, and most dangerously is delegating the responsibility to third parties which could result in wilful manipulation of results.

“Last year, some candidates who abused the privilege by attempting to manipulate their scores were caught and are currently serving various jail terms. Candidates are, therefore, advised to note that any attempt to forge the slip would attract stiff sanctions.”

JAMB insisted that the decentralization of printing of result notification slips was done mainly to comply with the directives of the NCDC and other relevant agencies on social distancing.

“It is against this background that the board is urging candidates to note that it is incumbent on them to adhere to other precautionary health measures such as wearing of face masks, washing of hands, among others, in order to mitigate the spread of the virus,” it added.

Meanwhile, the board has concluded plans to hold its 2020 Policy Meeting on 16th June, which will be, expectedly, chaired by the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, with no fewer than 4, 000 heads of tertiary Institutions comprising degree, diploma, NCE and NID-awarding institutions and other stakeholders in attendance.

It said the 2020 Policy Meeting is peculiar as it will go down in history as the first Policy Meeting that will hold online due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

At the Policy Meeting, admission activities of the previous year is reviewed and opportunity is provided for the heads of institutions to deliberate on listed guidelines for 2020/2021 admission, determine the cut-off mark for universities, polytechnics, colleges of education admissions and other institutions.

Sign up for our daily newsletter

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox every day. Stay informed with the Orijo Reporter's leading coverage of Nigerian and world news.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here