A couple have died from carbon monoxide poisoning after being overcome by the fumes while having s*x in a car with the engine running.

Keith Payton and Salina Johnson, both 40, of Pennsylvania, were already dead when emergency services found them inside the vehicle in a garage. The ignition was still on but the car had run out of fuel.
Extremely high levels of carbon monoxide were detected.

Marijuana and drug paraphernalia were found in the car, according to Old Lycoming Township police. A kerosene heater also was on but it had also run out of fuel.
The couple of Allenwood and Williamsport, were pronounced dead at 10.45 p.m. Friday, but police said they had died sometime earlier.

But it is thought the pair may have driven into the garage the previous evening. Coroner Charles Kiessling was called to the scene inside a garage on Blooming Grove Road.

He says blood tests show ‘extremely elevated’ levels of carbon monoxide in the victims’ bodies. The two were discovered by a family friend sent by Payton’s brother, who leased the garage, to look for Payton, police said.

It is understood Mr. Payton had gone to the garage to drop off something for his brother on Thursday. This tragedy bears similarities with an incident last month in which a young couple are believed to have died of carbon monoxide poisoning after parking their car in a garage for some ‘hanky panky’.
The bodies of Melissa Pereira, 25, and Jorge Rodriguez, 24, were found three weeks after they mysteriously disappeared on their way to a romantic break to celebrate their anniversary at a Pennsylvania bed and breakfast on December 27. But they never checked into their hotel.

They had vanished. But there was no reason to suspect they eloped, they were not in trouble and neither was there any reason why they would be driven to suicide. Detectives descended on garage number 55 inside the Wayne Village Apartment complex in New Jersey.

Inside the 10-by-12-foot structure were the lovers’ lifeless bodies slumped over the front seats of Rodrigeuz’s white Honda Prelude, the gas tank empty, the battery dead.

Pereira’s uncle Sham Bacchus told MailOnline he suspects the couple retreated to the garage for a little fun. ‘They’re kids,’ he said. ‘They might have wanted some quiet time together’, but added that when their bodies were found ‘they had their clothes on’.

There they may have become overwhelmed by odorless carbon monoxide fumes after turning on the car to keep warm with the garage door shut.
Culled from Daily Mail

Sign up for our daily newsletter

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox every day. Stay informed with the Orijo Reporter's leading coverage of Nigerian and world news.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here