Female corper still missing after six months, feared killed    

OrijoReporter.com, Cynthia Nwawuike

The whereabouts of Cynthia Nwawuike, a youth corps member serving in Ondo State, has remained unknown six months after she went missing after boarding a vehicle at Iwo area of Ibadan, the Oyo State capital to see her parents in Lagos.

Read Also: Police fears soldiers may kill millionaire kidnapper to destroy evidence

The political science graduate of University of Lagos precisely made the journey on March 15 but didn’t get to her destination with all searches for her dead in the water, and pointing to one thing that she may have been killed by kidnappers or ritualists, according to Vanguardngr.com.

The missing corper is factional Chairman of Nigeria Labour Congress, Chief Joe Ajaero’s niece.

Speaking to the paper, Ajaero said: “The entire family have been in confusion and sorrow after my nephew, Cynthia, disappeared mysteriously. After we received the sad news, her mother went round all the motor parks; we went to hospitals, mortuaries without any trace. So, the matter continued and we decided to take it up with the police. We took it to the Anti-kidnap squad in Lagos. When they went for operation in some areas, they got some link based on the people who are still using her lines, they went there and made some arrests, about 2 or 3 suspects were arrested.

“They arrested them in one of the forests in Ogun state. They took them to their office, I wouldn’t know what happened between them and higher authorities and they were released. Then, her second number, the person did not remove her SIM card, the person was still making calls with her number and it was traced to Kano.

“We got across the anti kidnapping squad in Kano and after some efforts, the details they gave us was not encouraging at all. Some of the guys in Lagos again had to go to Kano to join them. After some days, the man was still using the SIM to call and up till now, the man didn’t show up and the authorities have not gone beyond this up to this moment. It is a case that kept the family disorganized because we don’t know whether she is dead or alive. And the issue now is why the police could not take this matter serious that is my problem although some of the police chaps who are working on the IT side were able to actually trail the areas where the people using those lines are but beyond that, nothing has happened. We have prayed and we have done everything humanly possible without success. Cynthia was posted to Taraba state but she redeployed because of insecurity and that was how it ended A very friendly, very honourable, I have never seen a lovely chap as that chap, you cannot say she has any disagreement with anybody that’s why up to this moment, everybody is still praying that she should be found.”
Read full story on Vanguardngr.com

Sign up for our daily newsletter

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox every day. Stay informed with the Orijo Reporter's leading coverage of Nigerian and world news.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here