GIRL ESCAPES DEATH AS PARENTS, 3 SIBLINGS DIE IN GENERATOR SET EXPLOSION

0
1156

Tragedy struck in Ibadan on Wednesday as parents, Mr. and Mrs. Adisa and three of their children were killed in a generator set explosion.

A member of the family was however lucky after she went on an errand when the incident happened.

The Adisas lived at a rented apartment(pictured right) at No 26A, Agala Success School, Babanla, Ibadan, and had concluded arrangement to relocate to their own newly completed house in December.ibadan-fire 3

But the arrangement collapsed on Wednesday when Mr. Adisa, owner of Ifeolu Nursery and Primary School, Oremeji, Ibadan, was refueling the family generator set in the night during a power outage and his wife approached him with a candlelight, which caused explosion.

The couple were killed by the explosion, and the ensuing fire that engulfed the house also killed three of their children.

However, one of the Adisas, Boluwatife(pictured) providentially escaped death. It was said that she stepped out to buy MTN Recharge card for one of her deceased parents when the incident happened.

Sign up for our daily newsletter

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox every day. Stay informed with the Orijo Reporter's leading coverage of Nigerian and world news.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here