Business mogul and legal practitioner, Jimoh Ibrahim, in the wee hour of Saturday lost his mother, Theresa Jimoh, to the cold hands of death in brutal manner –The 78-year-old was killed in a fire caused by a prayer candle she lit that engulfed her Victoria Garden residence.
The deceased’s billionaire son in interview with Punch said he was abroad when the unfortunate incident happened but from what he gathered from people on ground, he gave an insight into her death.
“She usually had her prayers as a Catholic. What I was told was that she was having her prayers. She had an altar where she prayed and she lit a candle at that altar. I think that on this occasion, the candle must have ignited the window blind. She had aides; she has her own house where she stayed with a house boy, house girl and security guard.
“By the time rescue came, the fire had already had a serious impact. My mother was 78 years old; she couldn’t survive much stress because of the impact of carbon monoxide on her. We’ve taken everything like that; but the good thing is that we were able to recover her remains. What if there was fire and we couldn’t see her? That would have been more painful,” Jimoh told the paper.