A midnight inferno has claimed the lives of a man, Mr. Lawani Oye, his wife and their five children in Gboko Area of Benue State.
The fire incident(file image) that wiped out the household of the Oyes occurred at Anyamkor near Young Secondary School in Gboko on Thursday.
Sources said that the fire, which ravaged a building of four flats of two bedrooms each, started at Mr. Oye’s flat around 11.40pm and burnt him, his wife and five children to death.
It was gathered that as soon as the fire started from Mr Oye’s flat, his wife, popularly called Mama Tunde, raised an alarm which prompted other neighbours to rush out of their flats.
“We were woken up by the shout from the neighbour’s flat as Mama Tunde shouted fire! fire!! fire!!!, it was her alarm that woke us and we rushed out of our flats,” eyewitness explained.
The eyewitness, who could not ascertain the cause of the inferno, said that the only clue they have was that the generator was on in the flat where the fire started.