World Cup winner Lionel Messi has apologised after his two-week suspension for going to Saudi Arabia without permission for a promotional event, saying he would welcome further sanctions.
His French giants PSG slammed the suspension on the Argentine super star for missing training on Monday and proceeding to Saudi Arabia for the paid event.
The contract of the seven-time Ballon D’Or winner expires at the end of the season with speculations rife he may make a sensational return to the club of his life Barcelona.
Breaking his silence after the club slammed the suspension on him, Messi in a statement on his Instagram page said he went on the trip thinking there was a day-off.
He however apologised to his teammates and the club, stating he was open to it’s decision on the development.
The Argentine super star said: “I thought we were going to have a day off after the game as always happened. I had this trip organized and I couldn’t cancel it. I had already canceled it before. I apologize to my teammates and I’m waiting for what the club wants to do with me.”