Chrisland: I Knew my daughter was electrocuted through Lagos Housewives Snapchat — Father

0
403

Adeyemi Adeniran, the father of a female student of Chrisland High School Opebi, Whitney, who died during the school’s inter-house sports at Agege Stadium, Lagos State, said the bereaved family got to know that she allegedly died of electrocution from a snapchat group called Lagos Housewives.

The manner of the 12 year-old pupil’s demise has been in contest with Christland management claiming it was natural while the bereaved family are pointing at electrocution purportedly arising from a naked wire of a vendor candy machine at the venue.

The grieving father on Thursday, told a High Court sitting in the Ikeja area of the state that the family gleaned the information that Whitney was electrocuted through a snapchat chat group in the school, named, Lagos Housewives, saying it came to their knowledge on the deceased’s phone.

Quoting some of the students’ posts on the social media platform, Mr Adeniran said, ‘We are there, and we saw what happened, she was electrocuted.’ Another one said she saw Whitney on the iron rail close to the candy machine that she wanted to buy and that wire shocked her and she fell to the ground, started foaming in her mouth and one stupid man came and started putting water on her.”

Sign up for our daily newsletter

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox every day. Stay informed with the Orijo Reporter's leading coverage of Nigerian and world news.
Loading

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here