Owo Massacre: Man arrested for accusing Ondo govt of abandoning victims – Report 

0
152
File copy

A man, Oladokun Olorunfemi, has reportedly been arrested in Ondo State for a social media post in which he accused the authorities of neglecting victims of the terrorist attack on the St. Francis Catholic church in Owo.  

The video of Olorunfemi insulting the Olowo of Owo, Ajibade Gbadegesin Ogunoye too, cost him his freedom as is in detention at the police headquarters in Akure.  

The report, is according to People Gazette, saying Mr Olorunfemi was arrested by the police on Monday after the slightly over two minutes video generated backlash on social media for the state government.  

The publication wrote further, A source who craved anonymity confirmed the arrest to Peoples Gazette in Akure, stating that Mr Olorunfemi had spent over twenty hours in police detention without charge. 

He said the detainee had before his arrest visited his sister, who was a victim of the attack, at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) in Owo, and was upset with her condition. 

“The source said that Mr Olorunfemi must have been upset when he “saw the pitiable condition of the victims who had been abandoned to their fate in the hospital. 

He said the video resulted from him seeing the victims pay for drugs with their personal money “despite heavy donations by prominent people” and organisations. 

In the video, a man was heard discussing how the victims had been using their funds to buy drugs despite government claims of donating drugs and money for their treatment. 

Terrorists had in June attacked the St. Francis Catholic church in Owo, killing over 40 worshippers and injuring dozens of parishioners during a Sunday service.  

 

 

Sign up for our daily newsletter

Get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox every day. Stay informed with the Orijo Reporter's leading coverage of Nigerian and world news.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here