Nollywood veteran Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, is battling for his life as his daughters have raised the alarm over his worsening health condition, revealing that the actor is suffering from stage-four cancer.
The actor’s daughters, Lima and Kira Taiwo, made emotional appeals on social media on Monday, begging Nigerians, cancer specialists and medical facilities to come to their father’s rescue.
In tearful Instagram videos, the two women disclosed that their father’s condition had deteriorated and that some hospitals had allegedly declined to continue his treatment.
Lima, who struggled to control her emotions while speaking, said the family was not asking for money but urgently needed medical intervention from anyone capable of treating the veteran actor.
She said the family only discovered the seriousness of Ogogo’s condition about three weeks ago, despite the fact that he did not appear seriously ill outwardly.
According to her, the actor’s health had suddenly taken a turn for the worse, leaving the family desperately searching for help.
“Please, if you know somebody that knows somebody that will be willing to treat him, anything, we’re willing to try anything. We’re not here to ask for money,” she pleaded.
Lima said she could not stand the thought of losing her father and appealed to anyone with links to cancer specialists to intervene.
“I can’t watch my daddy die. I can’t. Please, I’m begging you,” she said emotionally.
Her sister, Kira, also shared a separate video appeal, revealing that Ogogo’s cancer had reached stage four and that doctors had stopped chemotherapy.
She appealed to cancer treatment experts, hospitals and organisations that could provide chemotherapy or any form of medical assistance to contact the family.
Kira also acknowledged the support of Senator Yayi, who she said had been helping the family with medical bills.
However, she stressed that their major need was not financial assistance but access to treatment that could give their father another chance.
The distressed daughter said she had never seen the actor suffer the way he was currently suffering.
“He’s saying that he doesn’t want to die. Please, I’ve never seen my daddy in that kind of pain before,” she said.
Sources close to the family disclosed that efforts to take Ogogo abroad for treatment had also failed after doctors reportedly declared him unfit to travel due to the severity of his condition.
His stomach was said to have become swollen, with his condition described as critical.
The family has continued to appeal for prayers and assistance from anyone with access to cancer specialists, hospitals or medical organisations that can help save the actor.
Ogogo, 66, is one of the biggest names in Yoruba Nollywood, having built a career spanning more than four decades.
The veteran actor has featured in over 300 films and remains one of the most recognisable faces in the Yoruba movie industry.
As of press time, Ogogo’s family and management had yet to release an official statement confirming details of his diagnosis, hospitalisation or treatment history.
Don’t Miss Out! Join our WhatsApp Channel for instant news updates. Click here to join
ALSO READ:















