A fresh family drama has erupted in Ebonyi State after Victoria Okoro, daughter-in-law of Deputy Governor Patricia Obila, issued a one-week ultimatum to the family to resolve a dispute over her two young children or risk a public disclosure of what she described as the events behind their separation.
Okoro, wife of Francis Obila, son of the deputy governor, broke her silence in a Facebook statement on Monday, August 17, 2026, alleging that she had been separated from her two children since June 21.
She said she had deliberately kept the matter private for eight weeks, hoping that discussions with the parties involved would produce a peaceful solution.
But with no resolution in sight, Okoro said she had been left with no option but to make a public appeal for access to her children.
According to her, her younger child was barely three months old when the separation occurred, while the older one was only one year and six months old.
She described the prolonged separation as painful, particularly because of the tender ages of the children.
“For the past eight weeks, I have deliberately chosen silence,” she said, adding that she had tried to remain calm, respectful and committed to resolving the matter privately.
Okoro said she had reached out to those involved and held several conversations in an effort to regain access to her children.
However, she said the efforts had failed to resolve the situation.
‘Silence Is Not Weakness’
The mother insisted that her decision to speak out was not driven by bitterness, revenge or hatred.
She said she had forgiven everyone involved and would have preferred to remain silent if the dispute concerned only her.
“But it is not only about me,” she said.
Okoro said the welfare of her children was her biggest concern, arguing that the two minors should not be caught in the middle of disagreements between adults.
“There are two innocent children at the centre of this situation,” she said.
“Children who did not ask for any of this. Children who should not have to bear the consequences of whatever disagreement exists between the adults in their lives.”
She added that the children deserved the love, presence and care of both parents.
The mother also warned that her decision to remain silent for eight weeks should not be interpreted as weakness or acceptance.
“Silence should not be mistaken for weakness, and patience should not be mistaken for consent,” she said.
‘Give Me Access To My Children’
Okoro subsequently made a direct appeal to her husband, Francis Obila, and his mother, Deputy Governor Patricia Obila.
She urged them to work towards what she called a “peaceful and immediate resolution” and allow her access to and custody of the children.
But the emotional appeal came with a deadline.
Okoro gave the family one week to resolve the matter privately, warning that she would otherwise begin revealing details of what she said had happened behind the scenes.
“I am giving this one more week for us to resolve this privately and peacefully,” she said.
“If nothing changes after that, I will have no choice but to begin sharing, in a series, the events and circumstances that have brought us to this point.”
She, however, stressed that the threatened disclosure was not intended as an attack on anyone.
Okoro said she would not insult the people involved or deliberately damage their reputations, but would simply narrate her experience and present what she described as the facts.
“I will simply tell my story, present the facts as I experienced them, and allow the public to understand what has been happening behind the scenes for the past eight weeks,” she said.
Details Of Dispute Remain Unclear
Despite the strong warning, Okoro did not disclose in the statement what exactly led to her separation from the children on June 21.
She also did not state whether the dispute was the subject of any court proceedings, whether a formal custody arrangement existed, or why she had allegedly been denied access to the children.
She mentioned several people in her appeal, including Leo Ekene Oketa, Joseph Ugochukwu Onwe, Patricia Onyemaechi Obila, Vivian Obila Akwuaka and Peace Egwu Obila, but did not publicly explain their alleged roles in the dispute.
The allegations contained in Okoro’s statement remain one side of a private family dispute, and no contrary account from the other parties was included in her post.
The controversy is likely to attract further attention because of the public position held by Patricia Obila, who serves as Ebonyi State Deputy Governor.
For now, Okoro has made her position clear: she wants access to her children, she wants the matter resolved privately and peacefully, and she has given the family seven days before she begins publicly recounting what she says happened.
She ended her appeal by stressing that her priority was the welfare of her children.
“My children deserve better than this,” she said.
“I am asking for peace.
“I am asking for fairness.
“I am asking for justice.
“Most importantly, I am asking for my children.”
Don’t Miss Out! Join our WhatsApp Channel for instant news updates. Click here to join
ALSO READ:
MY MOTHER LIVED IN SYNAGOGUE BECAUSE OF OUR FAMILY FEUD- ADEBAYOR















